The Vale of Llangollen Golf Club was formed back in 1908 by some of the local gentry and has been extended and improved ever since. It is a members' club whose aim is to provide affordable golf of the highest standard to its members and customers. The quality of the course has led to it being a favourite venue for golfers right across the UK and even further afield, but in particular from the cities of the North West and West Midlands. They come to play, to enjoy our hospitality and can stay at one of the many hotels in the town.
The championship course, with its manicured fairways and superb greens, nestles on the banks of the River Dee and is overlooked by the glorious Welsh hills. The Vale of Llangollen is regarded as one of the top golf courses in Wales and it has become a highly favoured venue for many County, National and Professional events.
We frequently host major Golf Union of Wales events and in recent years:
2004 Welsh team championships, 2008 Welsh Youths, 2010 Welsh Boys inter counties, 2013 Welsh Ping Team Championships which was won by our team on home soil! In 2014 we hosted the regional qualifier for the Welsh Junior Open. In 2015 we hosted the Welsh Ladies and Welsh Girls, 2016 we hosted the Welsh Boys and in 2017 we hosted the Welsh Ladies Team Championships! In 2019 the R and A have chosen Llangollen for the regional finals of the Ladies Coronation Foursomes.
However, even if you are not of a competitive nature, the setting and tranquillity will more than compensate your game!
All membership categories enjoy the following benefits:-
1. Discount on bar and restaurant prices.
2. Membership to the 1908 group of golf clubs giving reduced or even free green fees at 26 clubs around the UK. Please click here for more information.
3. Reciprocal green fee arrangements with:
North: St Annes Old Links GC, Windemere GC, Fairhaven GC
Cheshire: Vicars Cross (Chester), Heswall, Hazel Grove, Reddish Vale (Stockport), Astbury (Congleton),
Staffs: Newcastle Under Lyme, South Staffs, Beau Desert, Sandwell Park.
Shropshire: Shrewsbury, Llanymynech, Shifnal, Market Drayton
N Wales: Royal St Davids Harlech, Aberdovey, Nefyn, Conwy, Abergele,
Please Click here for more information.
4. Online booking system available for Members to book tee times
5. Excellent exchange days to top clubs every year.
6. Each section of the club arranges matches locally, so for Ladies, Gents, Seniors, Mixed or Juniors there are always opportunities to be part of the team and play on many local courses. Also there are the County and Welsh national competitions available.
7. Unlimited reduced green fees for member's guests of £17 in winter and £22 summer
8. Long and short game practice facilities.
9. Reduced price trolley and buggy hire.
10. An all year round diary of events and fixtures.
11. Member lesson rates.
12. We are members of the NWPGA alliance which means any of our members can join the association. They host competitions from Sept to June at most clubs across North Wales for just £15.00!
13. We hold two rods for fishing the internationally acclaimed waters of the River Dee surrounding the club.
14. Most importantly - unlimited golf on the spectacular course at the Vale of Llangollen.